United Way improves lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities around the world to advance the common good.
The Mission of THE UNITED WAY OF DAVIESS COUNTY, INC is:
"To improve lives by mobilizing the caring power in Daviess County"
The United Way of Daviess County recruits people and organizations from all across Daviess County who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. We focus on Health, Education and Income, the building blocks necessary for families and individuals to reach their full potential.Our goals include:
- Strengthening the non-profit community by providing education in the areas of board development and creating impact
- Hosting community conversations to better understand issues facing the citizens of Daviess County
- Providing both Statistical and Public Knowledge about social service issues
- Using best practices in our organizational structure and operating with a full and engaged volunteer Board of Directors
- Distribution of the annual campaign in a way that is meaningful to our county and donors
- Encouraging the community to participate in the Day of Caring which gives our partners a handup